Learning Online Elementary is available to current Regina Catholic Schools students who cannot attend in-person learning due to special circumstances, such as a medical accommodation.
Placements will be reviewed regularly with the goal of supporting a transition back to in-person learning.
Program Overview (2022 - 2023 School Year):
will work through independent course modules with daily support from a course teacher.
- Activities will be available on daily basis.
will be provided with daily schedule.
- Students will log in each morning at 9:00 for attendance, class meeting, prayer, and O'Canada.
- Students will be expected to be logged in and be
engaged throughout the day (9:00 to 3:35).
- Attendance will be taken daily and tracked following RCSD
- Individual and group lessons will be scheduled with the teacher throughout the day.
Online will follow the RCSD elementary calendar, including holidays, TPD days,
and institute days.
will receive a report card and participate in division assessments.
French Immersion Students
courses will be taught in English.
Online will not offer a French Language Tutorial or French language support
Immersion students who register with Learning Online will need to take a French
Language Assessment upon return to their base school.
who do not pass the language assessment will be referred to an English Language
will need consistent access to technology.
will need their own device – cannot share with siblings taking online classes
will work for some activities, but students will need a computer at some point.
or a headset with a microphone will support live lessons is required.
courses are built in a platform called Moodle and all other technology applications will be embedded into our site.
- Students will be provided with additional worksheets and resources to accompany the electronic materials. Families will need to make arrangements to pick up these resources from our office.
- Students may be required to access additional reading material from the Regina Public library.
For students who require an online placement, parents/guardians can begin the process by reaching out to their school administration or by contacting email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the Learning Online Principal and/or Superintendent of Learning Online.
Frequently Asked Questions