Learning Online: Elementary Attendance Practices and Procedures 2021 – 2022
It is an expectation that Elementary students are regularly attending Learning Online. Students for which attendance is a concern, will be referred to the Principal and/or Superintendent of Learning Online and directed to return to their base school.
These procedures will be followed to support regular attendance.
Daily Attendance Recording and Reporting
- Attendance will be recorded twice daily.
- If a student is not in attendance for the morning class meeting, but arrives later in the day, the absence will be updated to a late and the time of arrival will be noted in MSS. It is important that the student make let the teacher know they have arrived. This can be done by sending a message in MS Teams.
- If a student has an excused absence, please contact the classroom teacher and Learning Online at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Weekly Attendance Tracking
- Each Friday, an attendance report will be run.
- By 10:00 a.m. on Monday, the Principal of Learning Online will have contacted all parents or guardians of student with unexcused absences for the previous week.
- Truancy letters will be issued for students who have accumulated 10 and 20 excused and unexcused absences.
Chronic Attendance Concerns
- Students who have accumulated 20 or more excused or unexcused absences will be referred to the Superintendent of Learning Online and a meeting with the parent/ guardian will be arranged.
- If an adequate solution to support the student and attendance for learning at home cannot be found, it may be recommended that the student return to their base school.